Powered by Blogger.

OUCH!!!!!!!!!! MY HEAD HURTS

*Walks into the room with a sad face*
Hi, beautiful ones!!!
I've been having scalp issues but ignored it many times, i just felt it was the protective style that gave me the aches and pains.....but now i can't even touch my scalp.
There was a time i used Methylated Spirit to clean my scalp to stop the itching......
My scalp itches badly and it so painful....i did a little research to find a cure for the trouble I've been facing. This is what i found:

Why does the Scalp Hurt?
1. Harsh chemicals 
2. Fungal infection
3. Bacterial infection
4. Viral infection
5. Fungus tinea
6. Psoriasis
7. Chemotherapy
8. Muscle contraction headache
9. Excessive scalp oil
10. Contact dermatitis
11. Stress
12. Other causes
Source: google

Remedies for Scalp Hurt
1. Avoid products that contain sodium laurel sulfate

2. Use certain essential oils for massage
3. Take medications if necessary
4. Take preventive measures
• First, keep your hair and scalp clean, but do not dry it out by washing too often. Depending on what you are doing, a thorough washing is probably necessary only 2 or 3 times each week.
• Use a good gentle shampoo. When you wash your hair, be sure to wash your hairbrush and comb. Do not share your hairbrush and teach your children not to share. 
There are many things that can cause your scalp to hurt.

The possible causes of this problem include:

One of the most common causes of a painful scalp is the use of harsh chemicals that can result in sores on the scalp. Hair coloring and shampoos that contain sodium laureth sulfate are particularly harsh and continued use of these products will strip the hair and scalp of the natural protective oils.
Sores on the scalp may be a result of a fungal infection such as ringworm. Ringworm creates round, red patches on the scalp that may be very itchy. When scratched, a secondary infection and inflammation may occur. With a fungal infection, you may notice hair loss in the infected spots.
In addition to fungal infections, bacterial infections such as impetigo or folliculitis can lead to a painful scalp. These infections of the skin and hair follicles can cause red, inflamed spots on the scalp that often contain pus.
Viral infections such as shingles and chickenpox can appear on the scalp. Painful and itchy, these infections can lead to scratching and secondary bacterial infections of the scalp.
Fungus tinea is a very contagious infection of the scalp normally seen in children. This infection results in red, itchy patches on the scalp and peeling of the skin. You may also see secondary bacterial infections due to scratching of the areas.
Psoriasis is an immune system disease in which the body begins replacing skin cells at a rate that is much faster than normal. These immature cells begin to accumulate and form the characteristic scaly skin of psoriasis. This condition on the scalp can result in pain, sores, and hair loss.
If you are undergoing chemotherapy treatments, one of the side effects is a scalp that hurts before hair loss occurs. In women, about 20 percent will experience pain before hair loss occurs; in men, less than 10 percent report this pain.
If you experience headaches caused by muscle contractions, the muscle contractions may actually cause your scalp to hurt. The discomfort may be intense enough that it will be painful when you brush your hair. This scalp pain typically goes away as the headache subsides.
If your hair and scalp are excessively oily, the skin of your scalp may become inflamed and sore. You may also have a very itchy scalp resulting in scratching and possible secondary infections.
Contact dermatitis is an allergy to some substance in the environment. When you come into contact with the substance, sore spots may develop anywhere on the body, including the scalp.
Stress can lead to spots on the scalp and can also keep spots caused by other conditions to heal more slowly.
There are other less common reasons your scalp may hurt. Acne, dry skin, hair that is pulled back into a tight style and excessive combing and brushing of long, heavy hair may lead to a sore scalp.
Remedies for sore scalp:
Sodium laurel sulfate (SLS) is one of the harsh chemicals that can damage the hair and scalp. Present in about 90% of commercially available shampoos, SLS can cause inflammation to the skin and retardation of hair growth. It can also prevent healing of sores that are present on the scalp. Look for hair care products that do not contain this chemical.
A mixture of melaleuca, margosa, rosemary and lavender essential oils can help to heal sores that are causing scalp pain. In a glass of warm water, add a half teaspoon each of melaleuca and margosa and a tablespoon each of rosemary and lavender. Mix it well and massage it gently into your hair and scalp. Leave it in for 15-20 minutes before washing it out. The combined antiseptic effect of these oils will decrease the pain and help in the healing process.
For fungal and bacterial causes of scalp pain, your healthcare provider may want you to use anti-fungal skin creams or shampoo. Miconazole and ketoconazole are often recommended for fungus infections. For bacterial infections, your physician may prescribe an antibiotic cream or pill.
Of course, prevention is the best cure and a painful scalp can usually be prevented.
I've been using tea tree oil and i intend to get white vinegar (found out it's good to treating sore scalp)

Do you have scalp issues???
Tell me what did you do to fix it??
Ps: i did something to my hair...........can you Guess???


40 comments

  1. Na dandruff I get ohh.. they have headquarters in my scalp.. funny tin is it does itch me loool... uhmm could these tips work for dandruff too??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you it does not itch.....Yes these tips will work for dandruff too
      xx

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this post. I have an itchy scalp too, my scalp starts itching a few hours just after I've just washed my hair and scalp. I changed my shampoo the shampoo I use doesn't really smell good but I have to put with it because it is SLS free, plus I use coconut oil enriched with tea tree oil and lemon for my scalp the itching has reduced a bit. I do a tea rinse once in a while that also helps. Looking forward to reading more comments.
    I think you dyed your hair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lemon Juice or Lemon oil???
      If i dyed my hair which color would i choose???
      xx

      Delete
    2. Lemon oil, as for your hair I'm guessing you would choose maroon

      Delete
  3. Don't get me started on itchy scalp!
    Mine was dandruff oh, that is what made me cut my hair.
    I found that most anti dandruff creams have a lot of sulfur and the smallest quantity makes my head ache like mad.
    Thanks for this info.
    I lso think you dyes your hair.....maroon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So are you natural now???
      I don't like those dandruff creams, too harsh for my eyes.
      hahah Maroon!!!

      Delete
    2. Yes oh, I am natural now. Still short, I started growing it in April.

      Delete
    3. wow, will you write about your hair??
      how you rock it??
      take care of it?? or if you hate your new look??

      Delete
  4. Since I was little I've had very sensitive scalp. Anything itches my scalp. Dirt, water, too much cream and dandruff.... what do I do? I scratch it.... but since I went natural, the itching has reduced. Maybe you should stop washing too often and don't wait for it to be too dirty before you wash. That should help sha. Sorry bou your scalp

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since I was little I've had very sensitive scalp. Anything itches my scalp. Dirt, water, too much cream and dandruff.... what do I do? I scratch it.... but since I went natural, the itching has reduced. Maybe you should stop washing too often and don't wait for it to be too dirty before you wash. That should help sha. Sorry bou your scalp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't wash often oh, moderation is key right!!
      Thanks Moby:)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing,I think everyone who does the usual hair senrenre can relate to this.
    Lhurve Davies

    ReplyDelete
  7. My hair only itches when i fix weaves, otherwise, it doesn't itch me. I just recently started having dandruff. It wasn't always there :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just follow the steps above and deal with the dandruff

      Delete
  8. for some reason I haven't been getting new posts updates!
    I love the new look of your blog
    Thanks for the post

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmmmmm my first time here...good/quality content i will like to bookmark this page now ..beautiful i see you nice one #DOPE

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel like I'm reading a hair blog, which I don't do with this profile. I have extremely sensitive scalp. If you wink at my scalp, it will itch, lol. Reacts to pepper fumes and everything you can imagine. I think oily skin is what really makes me itch. The irony is I also battle with dry scalp sometimes, so I need to up my moisture game.

    www.hattylolla.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hopeful, it means my scalp/hair can survive like yours...besides relaxer touch up does not make room for the healing process though...*sigh*

      Delete
  11. i saw this post on google, then i visite your page and found out you took it down. Glad its up. I think this is so tru thanks for this information
    fashionitazbybuiti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hiya mami....**covers face** I feel like I am the last to get on here....buh hey!...hows you mamacita?.....Erhmmm...mami....have you tried scalp massage?....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm fine Mami.
      I massage my scalp myself many times but it aches

      Delete
  13. Great Post! :) Sorry about your scalp and hope it Heals ASAP! A friend recommends soap bars made to wash scalp/hair vs. shampoo and she Beautiful hair! Will ask her which one she uses. You know how it is ... what works for one may react differently on the next.

    Thank you, Ugo! Hope you have a pain free and Beautiful Day! =D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with those tips though, stay away from mostly harsh chemicals, some scalps are still very very sensitive!
    Organics help though, most of which are subtle

    Thanks for sharing

    Coco L'Amour

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't have itchy scalp but i still do things to prevent it from happening. I use virgin hair fertilizer because of the sulfur and menthol/peppermint oil content. And i know that Apple Cider Vinegar is excellent for people with itchy scalp.

    http://journalofapetitediva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Virgin Fertilizer, ohhhh i need to revisit it again.
      Thanks for the tips Miss Petite.

      Delete
  16. blessings....
    Pain is a sign that everything is not alright,
    if you are unable to touch your scalp i would say this is time to stop self-medicating and go see a doctor because it can develop into something far worst. "an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure."

    peace and blessings.
    have a great week.

    p.s.
    still don't see those answers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True!!!
      i'll take this seriously.
      *i answered them in my diary,i'm not yet ready to publish them but i will soon*

      Delete
  17. It rare for african guys to develop such scalp ish! We're always trimmed. :D
    Nice post tho.



























    #Mαηηiε





    .....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lolzzz, so all ladies should follow suit and be trimmed.:0
      it's always good to have you here Mannie:)
      *do you watch Modern Family*........i just love your name..haha

      Delete
  18. Oh Wow! I used to have dandruff before and they used to occur when i had a weave or braids for over two weeks. Didn't itch. Was just embarrassing when the hair dressers kept moaning about it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh kpele dear, i'm glad your scalp is healthy now:)

      Delete

Your opinion is a light bulb.
Share and light up this space!